Saturday, October 13, 2012

Weekend Words: Starting Over

Image source via Pinterest



"I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

These words resonate deep within my soul, but not because I am living a life I'm not proud of, but rather because I'm living a life that has forced me to start over. 

Moving to a new town (in a new state) where I don't know a soul has proven to be difficult, as I attempt to find my place. I'd love it if a neighbor took the initiative and came over to ask me about myself and my family, or if a fellow mommy from M's preschool suggested an afternoon playdate so that the kids could entertain themselves while we slowly built a friendship from scratch -- but that hasn't happened, yet. 

I don't want to go as far as changing who I am to adapt to this new place, although I'm willing to give a little if that's what it takes because adjusting isn't such a bad thing. I can only hope that this picture-perfect community I've joined learns to open its arms to a newbie, so that I can begin to build a life for my family that will bring us joy, contentment and peace. 

Hope that you have a wonderful weekend full of friendship and fun.

 

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Relocating is one of the most difficult adventures in life -- having done it several times I can attest to that. But keep your head up, very soon someone will take note of how great you are!

My sister just moved and is a mommy of three. She wrote about her experience with new neighbors -- I thin you'd love the posts:

http://communitiesfirstassociation.org/2012/06/27/the-neighbor-challenge/

She also has a new blog, mudandjoy.com

Have a great weekend!!

Jennifer Colgan said...

Hang in there, woman - it will get better. I was in the same situation when I moved out here. My neighborhood is mostly older retirees, and everyone just keeps to themselves.
My advice is to try to find a "mommy & me" class to take. I find that those kinds of classes are where other moms are most willing to talk and make friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...