|Image via Pinterest|
Sure, this is probably the 20th resolution post that you’ve read this week, but I’m hoping that by reading my goals you’ll become inspired to try something new yourself. Happy new year, y’all
- Lose 20 pounds. In the past year and a half I’ve lost 60 pounds, and I’d really like to finally lose the last 20 pesky lbs. that just don’t want to budge.
- Run. I’m not a runner, and have always said that the only time you’ll see me moving my feet any faster than a brisk walking pace is if someone is chasing me. However, I’ve decided now is the time to get over my fear (or stubbornness) of running and just start slow. Who knows, maybe I’ll be signing up for a marathon in 2014.
- Do more for me. As a work-at-home mom of an almost 2 and an almost 4-year-old, I’ve got little to no time to call my own, and that’s just gotta change. Over the past 10 months or so, I’ve felt a bit burned out by the end of the day, so I’ve not been getting to errands, chores or workouts that were planned. Well, not only have I begun to carve out time in my schedule, but I’m on the hunt for a local babysitter to watch the kiddos one day a week.
- Read more. This goal, stolen from Love Maegan, is one that excites me because there are at least one dozen books that I want to dig into, but just haven’t had the time to start.
- Step back. No explanation needed!
- Consume less. This goal is not just about eating less and being a more conscious shopper, but also applies to the amount of packaging, water, electricity, etc… that I use.
- Dating. No, this married mama is not planning on finding a boyfriend – I’ve got an amazing husband – but I’d really like to go out on more dates with my main man. Additionally, I plan to take my daughter and my son on individual dates at least once a month, so that they can have special one-on-one time with me.
What are some of your resolutions? XO!