Monday, January 28, 2013

Proud Recipient of a Liebster Award


I recently was contacted by the lovely Bea from BeaAttitude, who let me know that she’d nominated me for a Liebster Award. 


What’s a Liebster Award?

Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, sweetest and beloved. The award is given to up and coming bloggers with 200 followers or less as a way to recognize and promote their blog. 

What Bea requested that I do is list some interesting facts about myself, answer 11 questions that she posed, and pick a few bloggers to nominate. So, here we go:

11 Facts About Myself:
  • I like the taste of raw pancake batter. 
  • I am the second youngest of four children.
  • My daughter is named after my late Grandma who passed away when I was 5-months-pregnant.
  • I’ve never climbed a rock wall.
  • 23 is my family’s lucky number.
  • I often wear yoga pants on days that I haven’t practiced yoga (or performed any exercise for that matter)!
  • We just bought a treadmill, but have yet to set it up. (Let’s see how long it sits in the box.)
  • I adore The Great Gatsby but WILL NOT be seeing the soon-to-be released film version, which (in my opinion) looks terrible!
  • I have a girl crush on Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones.  
  • I recently developed an appreciation for fried oysters. 
  • I went to school in the Finger Lakes region of NY.

11 Questions: (See how Bea answered her questions, here!)

1. When did you start your blog and why? I started by blog in early November 2011 as a way for me to continue writing daily (or as often as my kids will allow), because before my son was born I was a senior editor in the publishing industry. I miss certain parts about full-time work, but have been blessed with freelance contracts that keep me busy and happy!

2. How did you decide on the name for your blog? In a past life (or so it seems) I was a lifestyle and beauty editor, so it only made sense that my blog should be focused on beauty and lifestyle advice for other new moms.  

3. What is the best blogging advice you have for a new blogger? “Competition is the thief of joy.” Do your thing and don’t be so concerned about your stats, comments and followers.

4. What is your favorite blog? I have a list of about 50 that I try to cycle through once a week, but I check in daily with ThePioneerWoman.com, Hip2Save.com, MyLifeasaMrs.com, and KendiEveryday.com!

5. Name 3 of your favorite online shopping websites. RueLaLa.com, JCrew.com, and ChildrensPlace.com.

6. What is your favorite makeup brand? Tarte because they have such high quality products, but also because the entire line is paraben and sulfate free!

7. What is the best beauty advice you have received? I was once told that if my makeup is applied correctly people will compliment me on my beauty, not the products I am wearing.

8. Sum up your style in one word. Classic!!!

9. Who is your fashion icon/inspiration? I don’t know that I have one, but if I had to pick I’d say Claire Danes.

10. What is one fact that few people know about you? I have never broken a bone.

11. What is your favorite quote? “Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

My Turn:
*I realize that these blogs have over 200 GFC followers, but I really adore reading them and wanted to give them a shout out. Hope you ladies will get in on the fun!*


11 New Questions:

1. What is your great accomplishment?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? 
3. What's your favorite word, and why?
4. How many times do you have to hear a song before you can recite the lyrics? Any particular song that is often getting stuck in your head?
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
6. If given an unlimited budget to travel, where would you go?
7. (Not a question per se!) Go to your Pinterest account and pull out your favorite recipe. Paste the link for everyone to enjoy!
8. What is the best advice that your mother/grandmother/aunt ever gave you?
9. Favorite movie?
10. What do you regret most from your past?
11. What are your 2013 resolutions?       

If you choose to participate, and I hope that you do, here are the rules:

1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose up to 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.


Thanks Bea!

3 comments:

Mademoiselle Michael said...

Well aren't you awfully kind! So lovely of you to think of me :) xoxo

Ashley Murphy said...

Aw thank you so much, you completely made my day.

You're the sweetest!

xx
Ashley

www.goldendivineblog.com

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Hi Dee! I'm a little late to the party, but thank you so much for the award. That's so sweet of you!! Hope you're having a great week : )

xo,
M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...