Thursday, March 21, 2013

Flat Out Frustrated

I am a true believer in the power of a ballet flat, although I've yet to find THE perfect pair. Over the years I've tried at least two dozen different flat styles/brands, but they all seem to fail me after a short time. Here's a brief rundown on the highs and lows of my discarded flats:
  • Dexter elasticized flats from Payless were comfortable and the right price, but the leather-like exterior material began to crack, which made the shoes look dirty and cheap after time.
  • Gap fabric flats (from many seasons ago) fit beautifully in the store and were my everyday shoe for at least two weeks, until the funky fuzzy sole started to wear, which caused me to slip and slide everywhere I went.
  • Banana Republic leopard print flats (from fall 2012, which were purchased on vacation in New Orleans when my cheapie Target flats literally broke while we were out playing tourist) have been worn at least 5 out of 7 days each week for the past two months. Today I noticed a huge hole on the upper interior near the toe area, and have since found other issues with the rather expensive flats I splurged on. 
Image source via Pinterest

Part of me thinks that I need to just spend the money and "invest" in a supreme pair (like these beauties) from Tory Burch, but I am up for suggestions. What's your go-to ballet flat brand/style?

1 comments:

Elle said...

We have several similarities. I'm a mom of two young kids. And I also am constantly searching for the ultimate ballet flat. The best I've found are from Ecco....I loved the Goya, which is no longer available. Had I know, I would have bought every pair I could find a couple of years ago when they were on sale. I splurged on some Tory Burchs a few years back and found they were not comfortable at all :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...